A cannabis plant has around 480 compounds in it, out of which cannabinoids are just a small part. You can see that there are around 66 different types of cannabinoids out of which THC and CBD are the most popular ones. Here in this article, we are going to talk about CBD, which has many potential benefits that can be helpful to treat many health conditions.
Though THC and CBD come from the same plant, there is a vast difference between the two. THC can make you high but CBD doesn’t. Hence, it has become legal in many states and its popularity has been increasing day by day. Now it has become easy to buy CBD from any online site, but you need to know, which one is good and genuine. Just like the Just CBD store that has been popular amongst users for its good quality product. You will get any CBD products ranging from CBD edibles to bombas de jabon and many more.
What is CBD?
CBD or cannabidiol is one of the cannabinoids, which is found in the cannabis plant. It has many potential health benefits like:
- Dealing with anxiety and pain
- Boosts cognitive health
- Improves sleep and insomnia
- Reduces seizure symptoms
- Helps alleviate cancer-related symptoms
The best part of using CBD is that it doesn’t cause any severe side effects, thus it can be used as an alternative treatment because of its therapeutic effects. CBD has both anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory property, which helps work wonders for your overall health.
How Does CBD Work?
CBD has the property to interact with the endocannabinoid system of our body. It has various receptors in places such as the brain, central nervous system, skin, and organs. When CBD is consumed, it enters our body and interacts with these receptors, which in turn addresses the body imbalances. This is done with the help of two receptors like CB1 and CB2. CBD interacts with these 2 receptors, which signal your brain to work properly.
For example, in cases like chronic back pain where no medication is working, you can apply CBD topicals on the area where there is pain. CBD will thus enter your system and interacts with the receptors CB1 and CB2, which indirectly send signals to the brain to reduce pain. After some days, many users can start feeling the difference as the pain becomes manageable.
Why use CBD?
Here are some reasons why CBD can be helpful:
- Pain management: CBD is very useful for pain management. Our body has the endocannabinoid system, which helps regulate our functions, but sometimes it is not enough to do its work. Thus, you need extra phytocannabinoids like CBD, which can add to this. It works with neurotransmitters and reduces inflammation and pain.
- Improves brain health: It is said that CBD has the potential to reduce any chances to get neurodegenerative problems. It not only can reduce inflammation but also makes your body radical-free. Thus, it helps in situations like people having seizures.
To conclude, CBD is a boon to our generation. Though researchers are still on with this product, people love its effects.